Class A CDL Driver
Driver with Class ‘A’ CDL Needed
We are looking for energetic, motivated individuals with strong work ethic and integrity to stage 53′ box trailers in our loading docks, truck yards, make occasional deliveries to our branch locations, or haul Tanker water.
Drivers are responsible for minor preventative maintenance on the yard truck, moving trailers in and out of truck docks, yard and other areas as required. Drivers support the logistics team as a Warehouse Technician by staging trailers where needed for loading/unloading. Drivers interact with the leadership group, production team members, quality assurance, and maintenance technicians to improve and maximize plant output, efficiency, quality and safety. They participate as team members in a high volume manufacturing environment. Sound problem solving skills both in an individual and group settings are necessary, as is good communication skills.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Document and log work/rest periods
- Ensure that truck has proper and current inspections.
- Compliance with all D.O.T. requirements.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Ability to safely operate forklift and pallet jack
- Tanker endorsement required
- Valid Class A CDL license
- Current DOT medical card/registered with state
- At Least 2yrs truck driving experience
- Ability to work nights or weekend shifts.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Must pass a MVR
- Pass background/drug screens and provide employment recommendations